Monday, October 6, 2008

Quinton's First Birthday Cake ... Jungle

Wow … this year has just flown by! My little grandbaby turned one yesterday! This is a picture of the cake I made for his big day! I had stayed up until 2:00 AM making the little animals but when I walked into the house with that cake Quinton's eyes just lit up! ... so it was worth all the work. His room is done in jungle and his monkey is his favorite toy. Once we got to the cake and he realized that you could eat those toys it was hilarious! We let him pick the animal he wanted and then we sat him in his high chair with the little top section. His Mommy and Daddy try not to give him sugar too much so it was hard for him to believe he could eat all he wanted. He ate half of that elephant and about a third of that top little cake. I don't know where he put it because we had just eaten about a half an hour earlier. I only have the pictures I took of the cake before we went over there because I forgot my camera. There were lots of cameras there though and his mommy said she will send me copies of all of them … I will post one as soon as I get one too! :)

8 comments:

Ann G. said...

Wow - this cake is amazing. What an incredibly multi-talented lady you are. Thank you so much for sharing, it's very inspiring. I would love to be able to create something like this for DS 3rd bday in 9 months time......hmmm where to start.....

Anonymous said...

How time flies! It's hard to believe little Quinton is 1-year old Already.
What an AWESOME cake -- and yes, I have to agree with Ann, you Talented lady!
It sure looks Yummy too - LOL
Vicki R.

StampinCathy said...

WOW Quinton is one lucky guy to have such a wonderful Grandma to make this AWESOME cake. This cake is just stunning, cute, fun, creative and on on!

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

hi inka
fantastic cake!!! what fun!!!
-my neighbor works in a cake store and has taken classes for years she makes wonderful cakes
how nice to see your work
lucky little guy :)
thanks for sharing
tabby :)

Lorraine said...

what a fantastic cake you will have to make a little scrapbook with all the birthday photos.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

You made this? Incredible!!!! Will you be my grandma, too?? Wow!!
chris p

juliekintaiwan said...

Awesome cake, I thought it was storebought.

Julia said...

This cake is so cute!!! Quinton can be very happy to have such a talented grandma. Julia