Friday, November 6, 2009

Bookworm Baby

I was trying to come up with a way to display my childhood baby and also I wanted to put a little of my art into my decor and this is what I came up with. I used an old clock dome I picked up at a thrift shop. Then because I collect old coffee pots I had picked up several old glass peculator tops. So I epoxied one to the top to make it look like an old garden bell... but before I did I stuck some tiny flowers and a tiny brass key charm inside. Then for the bottom I used a candle holder also from the local thrift shop. Because the feet had an Asian look I wrapped them with some brass corners I had on hand. The little top hat started life as a paper cup but once I used paper mache it and added some newsprint roses it made the perfect topper for my baby.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous Inka, love it - what a way to bring a smile to a day looking at this xxx

Carolyn said...

Fantastic, Inka. You can turn discards into pieces of art with your amazing creativity. Love the "bell" top.

Anonymous said...

I love the detail. It's a beautiful piece!

Bonnie M.

Jan C. said...

This is just so precious. Love how you used so
many varied things to make it whole.

Jan C. (Jan in AZ)

Lynn Stevens said...

Inka, Its adorable, You are one creative lady! using the coffeepot top on the dome Genius! Are you going to be at the meeting Monday? I have the swap pieces for you!
Lynn